The electricity bill consists of a significant portion of all monthly utility expenses.
Energy usage will differ on many factors like:
- Number of house residents
- Size of house
- Type of house heating
- Type of domestic hot water heating
- And many others.
On average electricity bills can be close to one-third of all costs so it is worth seeing how one can lower their electricity usage and so – save money.
What are average utility bills in the US?
In the United States, the utility bills of people renting an apartment will be around $240 per month, whereas a homeowner will spend closer to $400 a month.
Average US home bills:
- Electricity: $120
- Natural gas: $60
- Water: $70
- Trash/recycling: $15
- Internet: $60
Total cost: $325
How much are electricity bills for different home sizes on average?
Depending on house size, your monthly electricity bill can be close to:
- Studio Apartment (1 residents) – $55/month
- One Bedroom (1 resident) – $60/month
- One Bedroom (2 residents) – $66/month
- Two Bedroom (2 residents) – $76/month
- Three Bedroom (3 residents) – $93/month